Monday, December 26, 2016

Saturday Update

Saturday- Christmas Eve
Saturday began with opening Christmas presents.  Since Kathee had sent some presents via the APO, the kids were able to open a couple presents a piece (Legos), which was perfect timing.  We wanted to give them something new about a week in to the trip so they didn’t get bored with things.  They are still playing with their new Legos and it’s now Monday morning!  Christmas Eve morning was relaxed and we just hung out around the house.  





For lunch, we had ham, which is no small feat.  In a Hindu country which doesn’t eat meat and a place with many muslims, who don’t eat pork, it takes quite the determination to procure said delicacy.  The interesting thing is that the ham was only smoked, not cooked.  So we had to figure out how to cook and how long it would take and so forth.  The ham was delicious!  So good.  

In the afternoon we hung out around the house and played with toys and I finished reading a book I think I’ll have to read next semester for my elective class on Francis Schaeffer.  I think I’ll have two of his books read by the time we hit the air to return home in a few days!  So that’s a win for next semester (unless of course those two books aren’t assigned and then they go from the category of “planning ahead strategically” to “fun reading.”  Either way I’ve been enriched!).  

The Christmas Eve service started at 6 or 6:30, so we left at 4 to get there, get everything set up and situated, for what turned out to be a packed house.  The service Karl led was songs and Scripture reading.  And it was good.  Karl had asked us to read the Advent reading, so Kathee and Gideon read the Advent reading and I helped the two older girls light the candles.  Eve just hung out in the baby backpack.  I was really proud of Gideon and how well he read.  








After the service we hung out, talked with people, and then came home, put the girls to bed, hung out, and then went to bed.  It was a pretty great day!

No comments: