Well, we met with the lawyer about drawing up a will for us in case something should happen to us in Ethiopia or on the return from Addis. As we've never done this before, we got to answer some pretty lofty questions regarding what we want for our son and for each other.
Here is what I'll say about the process, it's great having family members we love, trust, and respect. It's nice being able to know and trust that if we should perish, that our family will raise our son in the fear of the Lord. It's nice being able to know that if we should perish, our family will insure that he becomes a man of honor and integrity, be educated, and be given every opportunity to fulfill the plans God has for him. It's nice to know that when we sign over the right to decide how to spend our money, that our family will not take that opportunity to use it for themselves but will use it for the providence of Gideon. And the best thing? This "family" isn't one person. Kathee and I have been disproportionately blessed with family of honor and integrity.
The questions she asked us were easy to answer. We were able to give her the names of people in our families, and know that we have peace in them.
The work has just started in working up our wills. It's still not a done deal, but the basic work is finished on our end.
With a family like Kathee's and mine, I say, "praise God to whom all blessings flow."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a great thing to be thankful for, Isaac and Kath. I'm tearful as I read, thankful for my wonderful family as well.
Love, Sharon
Post a Comment