Saturday, May 7, 2011

Gideon's Birthday Present from Mama and Papa

My brothers and I had a tractor tire sandbox as kids when we lived on Brunswick in Dubuque.  I thought Gideon would love having a sandbox and seemed to be about the right age.  So I called Mark Kruckenberg, the father of a former teen in my ministry and a current teen in my ministry about where to find a tractor tire (they are farmers in Port Byron).  When I called Mark, he was actually out in the field seeding.  Upon asking him where to look, he laughed and said that my call was a God-sort-of-thing.  He said that a few weeks ago he had the tires on his seeder changed and that the guys who changed the tires left one tire, leaving him asking, "why would these guys leave just one of the tires?"  He told me that it was obvious that they left the tire so Gideon could have it.  So Austin, Mark's son, brought the tire with him when he came to our house for dinner and Bible study THAT NIGHT!  So cool.  
Gideon LOVED playing in his sandtire today!
At first he wasn't sure why we gave him the sand toys for his birthday!
He seemed to love them once he got out into the sandtire.
Just playing...

No comments: