Friday, November 15, 2013

Sharpshooter


Tomorrrow night is my youth ministry's annual Nerf Wars night.  We will spend 3 and a half hours running around the church (which will be mostly dark) shooting Nerf Darts at each other.  I lead the night, playing many different games that the kids LOVE!  Normally we have between 25 and 30 teens show up to play.  It is, by far, the best outreach event we do!  So naturally I had to get my gun out and get practiced up a bit.  

Gideon wanted to get in on the action.  Hope did, too, but not as much as G.  His first shot went right in to my eye.  Perfect shot.  It scared him to death however as it really hurt.  Like a lot.  Like it could have been WAY worse.  So we had a discussion (again) about not aiming at people's heads and whatnot.  And in reality, his accident took him by total surprise.  

So after we talked about safety and gave it some time, Gideon had a blast with me as we took turns shooting at one of Hope's stuffed animals.  Turns out that I'm a bit better shot, but Gideon was really getting the hang of it by the end!

1 comment:

auntbonnie said...

Hurray! Everyone is back! Miss those little kidlings when things are quiet! You all look excellent! (Q: How many exclamation points can I get into one post? A: More than I should!). Love to all!