Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Telling of Our Story to a Church in Georgia!

So I received a random call last week from a good friend of mine. He is serving as a worship and media pastor at a church in Georgia. He was sharing with me that the pastor of his church is going through the book of Romans during their Sunday morning worship time. Gregg shared that in a few Sundays Pastor David is going to be preaching on Romans 8. In Gregg and David's conversation, Gregg shared with Pastor that Gregg has good friends in Moline who are adopting, and that they had planned to adopt from the early stages of their marriage, that they decided to start their family through adoption and then begin having biological children, etc, etc. The pastor was intrigued that our story and the story of God adopting us (as a first choice and not as a back-up plan) seemed to mesh well. So when Gregg called on the phone, he was asking if Kathee and I would have time to be interviewed by Gregg for this sermon. Gregg would fly in, interview us, and then the video would be used during the pastor's sermon.
So Gregg flew in today, came to church tonight before Catalyst started (the name of the youth ministry I pastor), and then came home to have dinner with us tonight after Catalyst to discuss the plans for tomorrow.
So we are bit shocked that God would want to use our story to impact the lives of people at a church in Georgia! We praise the Lord that the Lord can and will use this opportunity for making His name great, and that hopefully people will have a flesh-and-blood experience with knowing they have been adopted by a Father who loves them, planned to adopt them long before they were aware of it, that He waited for the right and perfect time, and that His Son was the payment to build His family. We also hope and pray that this will light a fire in the hearts and minds of the people at The Vine to see the blessing, joy, and privilege of adoption. And so our story will be captured on video to be shared with the world.
When Gregg completes the video, I'll get a copy and figure out how to upload it to this. In the meantime, if you have highspeed internet, Gregg has a video on his blog that I think is one of the coolest videos I've seen. He just recently did it for his church as a year in review (if only I could do what he did for my annual reports... oh wait, I haven't written an annual report in about 5 years). Check it out if you have time... it's really, REALLY cool! The link is: www.gregghampton.blogspot.com. The title of the video is one year recap (I think you'll see that the technology is of the quality you'd see on tv advertising today).
So I'll blog more probably tomorrow night about the time spent. Good night all!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

So great! I'm excited to see the video and what a wonderful ministry!