Okay, so I'm still in Pittsburgh, but can't wait any longer. Last Friday we received the referral. The very day I wrote about being in the wilderness. The call came at 4pm. After reading the referral, which included 2 pictures, and 3 short pages of information, we sent the information to the adoption clinic at the U of Minnesota. They, in turn, sent back to us a clear bill of health (based on the medical information). We approved the referral on Tuesday of this week.
So, we welcome Gideon Markos Terwilleger. He is 7 weeks old tomorrow. The information we received is that he is healthy, 10.5 pounds, 15 inch head, and 21.5 inches long. He has now been moved from the orphanage to the transition home in Addis Ababa. He will live there and be taken care of by AWAA staff running the home.
The not-so-good news is that we will not have the adoption finalized in Ethiopia until late October or early November, due to the courts closing down for the time.
But we have a son. And he's a handsome looking fellow, too. I'll see if I can't upload a picture when I return back to Moline.
Praise to the Lord.
Isaac T
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment