The other night I blogged about waking up and praying for the court case. Currently, like right now, I'm studying for my Bible study I lead with the teenagers each week. I'm prepping 1 Timothy 2. As I'm now to the point of checking commentaries, here's a bit of "With the Word Bible Commentary," by Warren Wiersbe, on 1 Timothy 2:1-2:
1 First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men,
2 for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity (NASB).
"What is the most vital ministry of the local church? According to Paul, it is prayer. Prayer moves the hand that governs the world. We must pray for government leaders, that the doors of ministry will be kept open and souls will be won to Christ. Because God’s people do not pray for people in authority, wars close mission fields, officials do not grant needed visas, and the work of the Lord suffers."
Man, how cool! And what an encouragement!
Isaac T
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment