Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Creve Couer Lake Outing

In my attempt to find a bike path in our area, I found Creve Couer Lake.  It's a lake with 4 miles of walking/biking path around it.  Add to that the 4 miles of path that goes from the lake path up to and over the Missouri River, and I can do 25-30 miles on my bike with only 10 of it being on the streets.  But that's not the point of this post.  The point is, the familiy went to Creve Couer Lake last week to walk a bit and get out of the house.  The lake is used by TONS of people.  There is a long stretch of beach where you can rent kayaks and wind surf boards.  You can rent bikes that seat one, 2, and 4 people.  There is sand volleyball and swimming.  There is a small waterfall.  There are tons of geocaches there (I haven't even looked for one of the many there yet).  And all the bike and walking paths.  It's a great place.  

Here is a recent and good family picture
I walked with the two elder kids up to the "waterfall" and checked it out.  It's a lot cooler from further back...
and when the shadows aren't around to make the picture look like I'm taking a picture of a rock wall.  
Gideon and Hope loved throwing rocks (handfulls of rocks) into the lake.  
And as per usual, Esther LOVED watchiing her two older siblings.  It won't be long and she'll be joining them, I'm sure.  





No comments: