Wednesday, July 9, 2014

POOL PARTY!!!!


One of the biggest hits on campus for the kids...especially Gideon... is the hose that is attached to the building next door.  And because water is free to those living in campus housing, and kids love water, it's pretty much going incessantly.  While his siblings were at the pool party on the other side of the water-building, Gideon was having a joyous time with the hose.  As I came around the building, I assumed he was wasting water.  So I asked him to stop wasting water and go rejoin the pool party.  His response, "Oh no, Papa, I'm not wasting water, I'm making a mud river."  Very well.  As I said, please stop making a mud river and rejoin the pool party.  So he reluctantly did.  

However, upon returning to said party, he advantageously grabbed the water gun and started playing sheriff.  Nothing new for him, really.  Whether it be Moline or St Louis, he firmly believes he has a right to let people know how to live their life best.  So he's either an oldest child, or when school comes in the fall he's going to end up with a punch to the mouth or his underwear pulled over his head and will be stuffed into a locker...only time will tell on that one!  

The greatest joy for the kids was letting out the water when it was time to dismantle the pool.  Here is further evidence why I love living on the top floor of our building.  

Oh yeah, the kids had a blast at the party.  And Kathee and I go to sit and talk with another person living in campus housig.  This is getting to be more and more home to us.   


No comments: