When I read about the ride on the weekly Covenant email, I just about did backflips. I knew they were riders, and I love the daylights out of Jimmy Agan, so I was really excited for the ride. We did a 25 mile ride and they led the way (they are good riders and really in shape). We had an absolute blast!
And the cool thing is that Doctor Aucker, surprised by how many showed up asked if we'd be interested in riding on some Saturdays this summer during Hebrew (which goes from June 1-July 31). What a great idea! So we'll see what happens.
The ride was great because we did part of the ride on roads I do, but they took us on other roads where there was very little traffic. We also did the steepest hill I've ever done before. It rocked my world, but I made it up, and did it without walking it.
It became obvious that, aside from the professors, that I was the old man out. Not that I couldn't keep up (because I was about the 4th best rider), but because of life stage, conversation topics, etc. I think most of the other students were single, so they knew each other pretty well, too. All that to say, I had a blast riding with Agan and Aucker, as well as, adventuring into new places, and meeting some people I have classes with, too.
Doctor Aucker is third from the left. Doctor Agan is second from the right.

No comments:
Post a Comment