So here is the back story on this charge. My friend John and I have taken over overseeing the bread running on campus (on Monday and Thursday nights, we have students go to Panera/St Louis Bread Company to pick up their day-old bread, which is then devoured by Covenant students). After doing a bunch of the bread runs during first semester, Jody (the campus bread pope) approached me about taking over the oversight of the bread run. After talking to my buddy John, we decided to take this super-powerful role into a more presbyterian direction, becoming the campus bread elders.
One of the things I like to do twice a week is to head up to the building that the bread is delivered to to set up the two heavy tables that are kept downstairs (so the drivers don't have to set them up before they can put the bread on it). Last week, when setting up a table (in a very tight hallway I might add), the table leg swung out and buried itself in the wall. So I sent an email to maintanence saying I put a hole in the wall and that I'd pay for any damages. So the next day I was cleaning up the leftovers boxes and bags and Paul was fixing the hole. So I started bantering with him and making him laugh. He told me he was going to install the fix for our refrigerator after he was done and I made some comment that really made him laugh. So when I got home later this "bill" was sittting on our counter.
As I write this, I totally see that this is a "guess you had to be there," and that some of you may be wondering why I typed all this? Sometimes you have to wade through garbage to get to the good stuff. Consider this garbage!

No comments:
Post a Comment