Sunday, December 23, 2007
The Dryer is Ready For Baby Clothes
Nice post title, I know. But here's the deal. Kathee and I have not had a working dryer since we lived in Minnesota. However, some years back a family in the church was moving and gave the youth ministry 2 washing machines and 2 dryers. They asked that I sell them and put any money made towards the youth mission trip. So Kathee and I bought one of the dryers. I believe that was about 4 years ago. Our house didn't have the correct wiring for a dryer, so we just let it sit. My good friend Adam volunteered to put in the wiring and wire up the dryer, so a few weeks ago we wired it up. After hooking it up it made a horribly loud noise, so I was pretty sure we were going to have to make other arrangements. After taking the back off and looking at the belt, I thought it was the motor (keep in mind that I have no idea about any mechanical stuff like that). So last evening Adam took a look at it. We started it up and quickly found it wasn't the belt or the motor. Adam thought it was a problem with the blower-exhaust. After shooting some light in the blower pipe, he pulled out a sock that was caught. So when the dryer was turned on, the sock was making this screaming noise as it flopped back and forth. Adam took it out, and it's the quietest dryer, and runs great! We are so excited! We dried our first load last night! Getting the dryer in usable order was one of our goals before the baby arrives. Man, how great. Thanks Adam, you are the greatest!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow. Your last two posts are making this all so much more "real." I'm so excited for you both!!
Post a Comment