Monday, December 3, 2007

Lunch with an Ethiopian

A little over a month ago I was having lunch with some local youth pastors at a local restaurant. As we walked in, one of the youth pastors started talking with the host. As we were walking to our seats, John told me that the host is a member of his church and is from Ethiopia. Once I told John that Kathee and I are adopting from Ethiopia, he introduced me to Mulu (the man's name). Mulu escaped from Ethiopia in 1979 during the civil war that was taking place there. He lived in a refugee camp for two years before coming to America. His mother still lives in Addis. We exchanged information and I assured him Kathee and I would like to meet and learn more about him and his homeland.
So last evening I called and talked with him and invited him to our home for lunch on Sunday. We are super-excited about this opportunity! And as we are reading the Lonely Planet book on Ethiopia, we are excited to ask him more and have him teach us. It's neat how God opens doors that we have no idea about when we walk through.
God is so good.

1 comment:

shayna said...

I am so excited for you two!
Many, many blessings to you on this journey.