Friday, October 31, 2008

We Have Arrived in Addis!

As I'm finding that the internet connections I've used in Addis disallow me
to get on to the Blogspot page, I wanted to try this, as well as email
family to let everyone know we have arrived safely!
We went from 100+ temps to a beautiful 70s (or so it feels). When we
deboarded the plane, there were Ethiopian men wearing stocking caps, so it's
nice to be back in comfortable weather.
We so loved our time with Rachel and the kids. It will certainly go down as
an adventure of a lifetime. I will miss our time with them, but have to be
honest, the weather is AWESOME here.
We landed, went through immigration with a breeze, the man holding the AWAA
sign was there and picked us up and we arrived at the Addis View Hotel.
IT'S SWEET!!!! It's honestly better than the Hilton Addis... by a long
shot! Our room is sweet! Has a sitting room, tv, bedroom, safe, bathroom,
and a balcony overlooking the city of Addis.
And FREE internet! This is AWESOME!!!!
It's now 9:22pm and we are going to head up to the restaraunt to get some
grub. I'm now ready for solid food and hope I don't eat like a pig.
The flight was uneventful apart from the landing that was a bit more
"bouncy" than most I've been on. Not like the one when we came down on one
wheel and then slammed down with the other before dropping the nose. I
forget what country that was in (Guatemala, I believe).
Kathee and I are doing wonderful. We are so excited to be here. The lady
at the front desk was a bit puzzled why it was we flew through Djibouti.
She said that the man picking us up called to say we weren't coming from
Washington, but from Djibouti. She said, "most certainly not. Why would
they fly through Djibouti? No one flies through Djibouti on their way
here." She laughed when we told her why and then translated to the driver
and said, "now we understand."
That's it for now. We are here and relaxed. GOD IS SO GOOD! We meet
Gideon in just a few days. He's in the same city as we are in right now.
Ahh, we are so pumped!

Love to all,
Isaac T

________________________________________________
Message sent using UebiMiau 2.7.9

3 comments:

Kari said...

T's
We look forward to following your blog...OK stalking your blog now that you made it to Addis!! whooohoo
What an adventure you've had. At least you got the "funk" out of the way. We will be praying for you!!!
We can't wait to hear updates & see new pics!!!
lots of love,
Kari:)

Jaime said...

so excited for you! praying for healing for your body, so your heart can soak in the joy!! we hang on your every word!

Mindy said...

So soon!! That's wonderful!! Thinking of you guys often!