Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Serious Crime Has Been Committed Here!

Today Kathee is at a movie with some friends. And due to my working so many nights, there isn't a whole lot of time for just Gideon and Dad time. But today is a special day. I got to give Gideon a bath, have lunch with him, play with him until afternoon nap time, and then put him down for a nap (where he is quietly sleeping right now). However, the kid overpowered me today. As he and I were playing with the Megablocks (well, mostly me playing as you'll see in a second), he decided to carry out his devious little plan (my words, not his).
#1- Get Papa to play with the Megablocks that we both have strewn all over the living room floor. Check.
#2- While Papa is playing, push the dining room chair into the kitchen and up against the dish washer that has what you really want. Check.
#3- Go back in to the living room and play with Papa and keep him occupied and busy. Return to the kitchen "every so often" so it doesn't look like you are doing anything at all when really you are. Check.
#4- Grab small handfulls Papa's broken egg shells that have been broken in to small pieces and left on the counter. Although I don't know what they are for (I guess Papa has a tray outside for the birds to ingest so they can break down their food during the winter), what is safe for birds to eat MUST BE safe for me to eat. So I will go back over and over again for small increments of time so Papa isn't thrown off. I guess, however, that he'll find out when I have eggshells stuck to my lips, hands, and shirt front. And I suppose my cover will be blown when the eggshells he left neatly in the bowl are outside of the bowl as well as the inside. CHECK!!!!

#5 (from Papa's perspective)- Total depravity? CHECK, CHECK, CHECK!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's the dilemma from Gideon's perspective: it's okay to bring a chair over and climb up to participate at the sink, but not okay to bring a chair over to participate in the eggshells? I know, I know, he was invited to the sink and not to the eggshells, but he probably thinks that's a very fine hair to split. Given that he's not my responsibility, I applaud his strategy, and wish patience for you during his next adventures. What a great kid! Bonnie

shirley said...

OK, so I've just spent the most wonderful several minutes reading for the first time all the 2010 blogs. I have had comments in my mind on almost all of them, but will just say that this kid is amazing in every way, whether doing good deeds or crimes.