Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Terwilleger Gift

Gideon is one of the slowest eaters of all time. Why, you ask? Because he talks ALL THE TIME!!! He sings, he jacks around, he plays games, and just jibber-jabbers. And tonight was basically no different. However, after Kathee and I had finished our meals, and had sat and talked with each other for 10-20 minutes, I decided that it was time for finish supper (we had told Gideon to get eating 10-15 minutes before). So I told Gideon, "I'm going to start cleaning the table, and when I get finished cleaning the table, you are done eating. So if you are going to eat more, you better get to it." Literally, Gideon has the entire pancake in his mouth by the second round of cleaning the table (the pancake was not an IHOP-sized pancake, but about a quarter of that size). And he was grinning from ear to ear (which caused a bit of said pancake to protrude out a bit. Further proof the Gideon understands WAY more than he lets on about. And oh yeah, the Terwilleger gift is talking all the time, not being able to put an entire ripped up pancake in one's mouth at once.

2 comments:

shirley said...

Gideon - the jig is up, having proven you know what is said to you. Now you have to figure out something else for getting away with stuff, which is likely another Terwilleger gift you will soon discover. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Very good to be so clever, Gideon! Very good to figure it out, Gideon's M&D! I guess you did not inherit your mom's gene in this -- she who sat for hours at the table refusing to swallow the peas she had packed in her cheeks. Family legend stories never die.
Bonnie