This past Friday I took and dropped off Kathee at the airport to fly to Billings, Montana, to attend her cousin's wedding. We all wanted to go, but with Gideon and I both having school on Friday it was not possible. So that gave me the opportunity to have the kids from Friday afternoon through Monday evening.
I asked Kathee to print out a daily schedule so I knew what needed to happen and when, and I was good to go. We had a blast together!
So we showed up at the airport to find that Kathee's flight had been delayed for about an hour, so we walked...and walked...and walked. We entertained the people who were sitting in the baggage claim area. From Hope prancing around as "Princess Batman" to Esther newly walking to Gideon being the over-protective brother, we had people in stitches.
One older lady even switched seats and talked my ear off as we waited for Kathee to arrive.
And it brought a tear to my eye to see Gideon tear off when he saw Kathee walking. And then Hope took off. It took Esther awhile to put it together that it was Kathee, and then she just started giggling. Like I said on Facebook, all is now right in the world.
We had a good laugh watching the two older ones get Kathee's suitcase out of the airport.
We also had a good laugh when we got home. I thought I did a fine job, even telling Kathee that I'd be fine to do it again. However, my choice to put the wrong pants on my daughter begs the question of whether or not I'm really or not. Stay tuned for that!




No comments:
Post a Comment