Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Lone Elk Park

While Kathee was in Montana I took the kids for an outing.  There is a county park not far from us called Lone Elk Park.  I've wanted to go there for months, but m wife thinks I'm a tool about wildlife and nature and whatnot, so we never went...UNTIL NOW (kinda like I think romantic comedies are kinda nerdy).  So I took the kids to the park.   
One of the reasons I wanted to go now is that it's rut season, and so I knew the elk would be moving.  I was hoping to hear some bugling, but that didn't come to pass.  However, we did see a bunch of elk.  One bull elk was fairly close to us.  


We also so these 4 bison, but they weren't all that close.  
Fall is in full effect in the park, and so it was also very beautiful to just drive through the park.  
I liked it enough to go back again, and I think Kathee would even be up for it.  




No comments: