Thursday, November 20, 2014

Guys Weekend!

Last weekend Kathee, Hope, and Esther, along with Kathee's sister Sharon and neice Dora (who both flew in from Mississippi) headed up to Chicago to attend a wedding reception for Kathee's cousin Sarah.  So Gideon and I had the place to ourselves from Friday afternoon through Saturday afternoon.  We had a blast.  
Friday night I took him bowling, which he absolutely loved!  He scored 93!  I really reminded me of when I was young and my now-sister-in-law Kris would pick up my brother Zach and I and take us bowling at Riverside Bowl in Dubuque.  She did this while dating my brother Nathan, who was living in Conneticut and working at Tiffany & Co in NYC.  GREAT memories for my brother Zach and I (the bowling part, not my brother Nathan living in CT).  
After bowling, he wanted to go to Imo's Pizza.  This is the place to get St Louis-style pizza (think cracker crust and a funky cheese called Provel cheese-- it's a white Velveeta-ish cheese).  He likes it.  I like it.  Away we went.  
Saturday morning we woke up (okay, he woke me up) and made breakfast.
I wanted to make bacon, egg, and cheese on a bagel (even with the McDonald's-style sauce).  They were so good!  
Then I took him to the St Louis Science Center.  He really had a blast (and so did I).  I love it that there is so many free things to do in St Louis.  



No comments: