I meant to take pictures but the pandamonium was just too great. On Sunday's I have taken to inviting the Cecil's over to watch football. They are our next door neighbors. They also don't have a tv. They also love the Seattle Seahawks. So whenever the Seahawks are on tv I invite them over to watch. Today Ken (the dad), Malachi (the 15 year old), Baxter (13), and Jackson (6 months) came over the watch the game. Liz (the mother) stopped over every so often, but she had their two girls to keep an eye on, so she didn't stay long. Then Robert (a teenager who lives in the basement in our building wth his family) and Noah (a teenager who lives just below us) came up to watch the game. These are guys I talk to A LOT when I see them (I play catch football with them in the parking lot and give them garbage when I see them). Then Kathee's friend Emily brought some food dishes back to us. She brought her 4 boys with her (all Gideon's age or younger). Since Charlie (the boy who is Gideon's age) brought his Nerf gun with him, I opened the cupboard over the fridge that houses my Nerf arsenal and it was on! There were Nerf darts EVERYWHERE. We all had so much fun (except for Ken, he wanted to sit and watch the game). Our house was booming!
And it felt like old times. When our house would be full of teenagers and adults and people just hanging out. When the house would be full of noise and laughter. When things felt normal. So it was fun having everyone over.
We ended up feeding everyone but Emily and her kids pizza. We went through 4 frozen pizzas and a pitcher of Raspberry Ice in no time.
After everyone was gone Kathee and I remarked at how much fun we had hosting so many people. It's like we were made for ministry. How fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment