Kathee has been asked to TA-hostess a class for first-year students and their spouses. Kathee and I took it last year. Doctor Douglas' wife, Rebecca, who attends the class and leads the breakout session each class for the wives, asked if Kathee would TA. Kathee's responsibilities are to buy snacks for the first couple of weeks, set up the snack table, make the coffee, and keep the coffee pots and water pitchers full.
So after 4 years of doing catering all through college, she's back to catering and hosting the table and welcoming first year students.
As I went to lunch with a new student today who has had a very difficult transition to Covenant, Kathee's role, though not grading papers and whatnot, had a hugely important role!
I'm really proud of her! And after she agreed, she found out she'll make a little bit of money (we thought it was a volunteer position). So each Monday night, Kathee works from 5-8 to serve and help. She is SO COOL!
1 comment:
The BEST!
Post a Comment