Although our dossier continues to sit in FedEx's office in Addis, we are choosing to be patient and allow God's timing to dictate. Although, I must say I it is wearing me pretty thin (even after we received the email reminding us that it may sit for a while). However, I am choosing to write today about a really cool experience Kathee and I had this past Friday. Kathee and I drove to Iowa City to go to David's place, an Ethiopian and Eritrean restaurant, and then to register for baby stuff.
We had such a ball. Kathee and I have had Ethiopian food before (Kathee while living in Kenya and the both of us taking a friend of ours for it while visiting in Chicago). So we kinda of knew how it works. So we ordered three entres for the four of us. The cool part is that you don't use utensils but pull off a piece of enjara (an Ethiopian bread-like staple. Much like a pancake, although much larger and flater and has little air bubbles all over it) and pick up the food and eat it. And the food comes on a platter in the middle of the table, and everyone eats from the platter. Man was it outstanding. We got lamb, chicken, beef, with a side of some squash that was amazing. One of the entres was a bit spicey, and the rest was flavorful. My sister-in-law is not one to "go out on a limb" eating new and unique foods, and she really enjoyed the food.
We are certainly going back again. If you ever get the chance, go for it, it's really, really good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a cool place. Maybe we should go when we're visiting?
Love, Sharon
Post a Comment