Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Gideon's Zubaz

John is so tall I couldn't get his head in the picture... and yes, at one time he wore the pants Gideon has on. Incredible, isn't it? When I came to the church, son was going in to 7th Grade, I believe and I started out taller than him. How things change!



For those of you who don't remember, Zubaz pants were some of the coolest pants you could have back in the 80s and 90s. I had a pair or two. Well, a young man who went through Catalyst (is now a junior in college) had a pair when he was a little boy. And his mother, who does a great job of clothing our son for us with some of John's old clothes and clothes from garage sales, gave us a pair of John's Zubaz. As John is home on Spring Break, and we were to their home last Saturday (so John's dad and I could put a new door handle on our car), Gideon wore the Zubaz.

3 comments:

shirley said...

Great contrasts in these photos! How could a kid that tall ever have been that small?

Anonymous said...

Amazing photos -- can you even imagine Gideon growing into such an adulthood?
Bonnie

Aaron & Laura said...

Those are some SWEET pants! Gotta love that time era!