So after one of the guys cussed at me, I pulled out my phone and started taking pictures. I told them that what they were doing was not right. And then I continued taking pictures.
As the car didn't have license plates, I took a picture of the permit in the back window of the car.
As I came around the Uhaul to get pictures of the license plate, the gentleman driving it rolled down his window to talk.
He said that, "in defense of the boys, they did walk up to the house and knock. Since no one answered we just assumed the owner wouldn't mind us unloading our stuff in the dumpster." Being as cool as the other side of the pillow, I laughed and asked him if he would mind if someone took advantage of him like that. What would he think if his house got flooded out, that he was forced to live in a hotel for months, and then three guys show up at his place, take advantage of him, and cause him to pay more money out of pocket? I told him it was wrong, unfair of him, and I forget what else. The driver said I was totally right and that he would pay for what they left in the dumpster and sent the other guys off quickly (one of the guys walked up and acted like he was trying to get into an argument with me until the driver told them to get lost). I told him he could wait another 10 minutes and ask my father-in-law in person for usage of the dumpster and then could pay for the usage of the dumpster. The car sped off quickly, and the Uhaul high-tailed it out of there, too.
Karl said today that he found a check for $50 in his mailbox this morning for the use of the dumpster. How awesome is that? AWESOME!!!!





1 comment:
Strong work, sir. Thank you.
Post a Comment