And yet, Micah is the best example I have ever seen as a man of meekness. Not the mamby-pampy meekness, but the biblical meekness. You know, like in the Greek New Testament, where meekness is understood as power under control. That is Micah. He is the strongest man I've ever know. And yet he is quiet and peaceful, always under control, being submitted to Christ and a man of self-discipline.
I remember watching Micah when he was in high school sit and pet Riely. He would just sit for a half hour petting Riely and calmly talking to him. And Riely absolutely loved whenever Micah would come over.
And so how neat to see this picture that Kathee took of Micah holding Gideon today. I am absolutely loving having the college kids home for Christmas, as they were the ones we told first that we were adopting. So having them coming home and meeting him, holding him, loving him, and being Christ to him is just awesome!!!
Micah, thanks for being just a man of meekness. You can hold my son anytime, I'd be honored to have you pour Christ into him.
No comments:
Post a Comment