No, no, Gideon didn't drive us to drink today. Rather, we went to the doctor to (re)start his immunizations. We weighed him (15 lbs 11.b oz), measured him (26 inches), and spent some time with Doctor Herr.
Before getting the shots, we found out he has 2 ear infections (to which Doc Herr said he showed absolutely no symptoms). We also found out that we can start him on rice cereal starting tomorrow morning and then start him on veggies in a few weeks. Doc left, the nurse came in and shot him up like crazy. She gave him an oral, then a shot in the arm, and 3 shots in one leg, and 2 shots in the other. I've never heard Gideon cry like that in my life. Wow! What a champ!
Doc ordered him a prescription of amoxicillon for the ears. So naturally we went out for lunch at Chilis and then off to the mall right afterwards... not even thinking that the kid might want to go home.
So while Kathee went to her dentist appointment, Gideon and I walked the mall. We had a great time together, and he slept a bunch. Kathee comes back, we are on our way to JCPenny to look at a suit I need to buy (for a wedding I'm doing in January), and Gideon decides to ralph EVERYWHERE. Okay, so there was no deciding whatsoever. Man, the formula I fed him a few hours early was EVERYWHERE. It was like a geyser! It soaked through his clothes in milliseconds, he cried for about 5 seconds, and then was good to go. So Kathee took him to the bathroom, changed him, and we high-tailed it home.
After dropping them off at home and heading to the pharmacy, Gideon took a turn for the better and is now doing great. He's chirpy, kicking, laughing, and gargling like a champ.
Doctor Herr called and everything is good to go.
Chalk another experience up for new parents! Man, we love this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Gideon's ear infections prove he's related to his mother and to his Morfar. Sorry that the Smiths have passed on those icky ear-infection genes.
I love, love, love Dr. Herr. That's who Joe & Ike see.
Oh, I just planned it to have NO plans for the rest of the day any time I knew the boys were getting shots. (Just in case.)
Post a Comment