Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Gideon and Pastor Ed At the Baptism


Pastor Ed does a fantastic job of doing baptisms of children. One of my greatest excitements is when Ed lifts the child and carries him around the sanctuary for all the church to see and behold. As part of that he reminds the congregation of the oath they are taking to help the parents raise the child to fear and know the Lord. Here is the picture of Ed doing that. I absolutely love this picture!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful photo. Gideon appears so calm and content to be lifted high by a strong-in-faith
Christian pastor. Gideon is very handsome and I love it that he seems to be looking up as if to look to the
heavens.
Love Him,
Rick

Jenny said...

I LOVE this part of the baptism. IF I'm not crying before this point, the tears start free flowing as soon as Pastor Ed holds up the child and says "Behold, Gideon... Child of God...." In the case of Gideon, I was fine until I looked at the joyfilled mamma. The love on Kathee's face while watching her son be baptized was overwhelming.