Tonight for youth group I had planned for us to head to Reynolds, Illinois, a cool 38 minute drive from church. We've done it the last three years and tonight was scheduled to be the night. Each year we head to a farm out in boonieville and have a Christmas service. The barn isn't heated, there is no electricity, it's normally freezing cold... and each year the kids love it! And this year, I'm SUPER-EXCITED about the teaching that I have in store. However, it snowed like 5 inches today and although the roads are fine in town, they are pretty nasty on the way to Reynolds. Whether my brain has frozen permanently from my years living in Minnesota or not, I couldn't cancel completely.
So I decided to make tonight movie night at Catalyst. And rather than give you the blow-by-blow of the movies and whatnot, I wanted to blog about just how amazingly cool the youth at Catalyst are in my opinion.
Kathee told me on the way home from church tonight that the kids actually had a system down for who was going to hold Gideon and for how long. Anyone wanting to hold him was able to do so, and he just worked the room. It was fantastic. And boy did he make the rounds.
The kids are incredibly good with him, and they just love him to pieces. And here's the really cool part, if the first part wasn't cool enough. The fellas are just as interested as the ladies. And it's awesome for me as his father to witness and see.
We have loved the kids at Catalyst like they were our own from very early on in my ministry here in Moline. And what a joy it is for my love of them to grow as I watch them with Gideon.
We delight in how God continues to undeservedly lavish His love, grace, and goodness upon us. And tonight was just another night proven to us again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations on receiving this little bundle of joy blessing you have with your special son Gideon : ) The Lord must have had Isaac and Kathee on His favored list of people to celebrate with the life of another as He has brought your handsome boy to join your family. It's also exciting to know of the extra happiness Gideon is creating in others by now living with you. May you all continue to grow together in your love and fellowship with Him. Peace with thanksgiving. Bob
Post a Comment