Monday, February 3, 2014

The Bloodhound


"I am the dog-world's best detective, 
My sleuthing nose is so effective,
I sniff the guilty from a distance,
And then they lead a doomed existence."

This is the poem Gideon recited at Poetry Days on Friday.
Each child was given a poem to memorize and recite. He was given The Bloodhound.  Some other kids got poems by Isaac Watts.  Not sure Gideon's poem was on the same level of a a Watts poem, but he knocked it out of the park nonetheless.

My favorite part was watching him try to hand the other two the mic.  He patiently held it out.  They wouldn't take it (I presume he was told to hand it to them....just following orders).  Finally he dropped his hand down and just shook his head.  It was hilarious.  He did a great job!

1 comment:

auntbonnie said...

A great part of poetry is the vocab, getting to use words like "effective" and "sleuthing.". It's also why, from great old hymns, "and press the battle ere the night shall veil the glowing skies" is so much richer than "fight until it gets too dark.". English rocks! Good job Gideon!