Saturday, August 2, 2014

Time with Aaron's family.

My older brother Aaron and his family were in town for a few day layover before heading back to Central Iowa.  They did a week's vacation and spent time in Branson, Dollywood, Pigeon Forge, and a ton of other places in between.  Coming back through, they got a hotel room close by our apartment and were able to spend a full day with us (and part of another).  

We had a blast.  We went to Grant's Farm (owned by President Grant, then purchased by the Annheiser-Busch family.  On the property are a ton of wild-ish animals that you take a tram through the park and see.  We saw bison, and elk, and long horn cattle, and a ton of animals from all over the world.  They they dump you out at an enclosed area where you walk around and see other different animals.  They have like 4 or 6 elephants and a ton of other animals to see, too.  In passing, the tram announcer told us that "if you look through the trees there you can see the house."  I believe that the Busch family may still live on the property, but has landscaped it in such a way that it is where no one can go/see, etc.  

This is also the place where the Budweiser Clydesdales are kept.    
This is a picture of Gideon and Cousin M in front of one of the Clydesdales.  
Standing around in the shade and chatting.  
I had read before going that it's wise to take a bunch of quarters to buy feed to feed the animals.  So we did.  
Hope was fearless in feeding the goats...
And her joy in success shows!  
After Grant's Farm we went to Pappy's Smokehouse for lunch.  IN-CRED-IBLE!!!  One pretty much has to go there for lunch as if you go too late for supper, they run out of meat.  Part of the schtick is standing in line waiting to order.  While in line, I spotted this and thought I'd take a picture as I have a friend who went through the UD's aviation program!  
By the time it came to reading from Little Town on the Praire, Hope was shot.  I think she was sleeping before I finished the first page of the chapter.  She LOVES spending time with her cousins!






No comments: