Although that was the reason he came down, we also did some other things. He and I rode about 20 miles (on one of the hottest and most humid days of the year down here). And we also went to one of our favorite restaurants in town, Meskerem (which is an Ethiopian place). As Justin is a vegetarian, and we wanted to take him out to eat, I knew that Ethiopian has both meat and vegetarian options. WE ATE WELL!!!! As you can see, we even demolished the injera that the food sits on. It was so good!
There was also a neat interaction as Justin was leaving. We were standing outside our apartment building and some of our neighbors were out, too. As we talked, one of the ladies said, "Wow, you all must be very loved. You have people come and visit all the time. That's so nice." And Justin responded back by telling them something like, "you have no idea how much we love and miss the T's, and that there are many back in Moline who love and miss them." That was good to hear.
This move has been VERY hard for us. We REALLY miss Moline. We really miss our loved ones and FUPC. I REALLY miss my youth ministry. And we often feel sad and alone here. I know things we even out. And that we will thrive here. It just takes time (according to most I've talked to here, it takes about a year). So as we continue to adjust, it was just a nice interaction to have with a good friend.
That's it for now. Covenant Theology needs the top of my game tomorrow morning. Night.

No comments:
Post a Comment