Just like old times, we attend church with them at New City Fellowship. Craig talked to me about NCF years ago when Kathee and Gideon (he was the only child at the time) came down to St Louis to visit Covenant. During that time I shared some of my frusturations with a ministry that was very dear to both of our hearts and that had played a huge role in our Christian growth. As I talked, he started sharing about his church and that many of the things that this ministry did is something that his church also does. Upon getting more information, I decided to start bringing my youth to St Louis to help the church he attended carry on some of their summer outreach ministry.
Now that we are living here, we attend church at NCF each week. And now Kathee does the tutoring on Tuesdays and I go on Thursdays.
The other night, Craig and Melanie and the kids came out for supper and hang out at our home. It was so fun, and yet so weird, to be going to church again with Craig and Melanie. It's weird to look across the gym when we are receiving communion each week and see Craig standing there (Mel is oftentimes helping out in the nursery).


No comments:
Post a Comment