This past Friday one of my roommates from my junior year of college was in town to visit. Justin Tran was a transfer student and he joined our townhouse of 5 guys to fill out our slate of 6. There were three per room, and Justin and I shared a room along with Clint Kuipers. His girlfriend, now wife, was also a student at Bethel and so Clint and Leah, Justin and Lahna, and Kathee and I did A LOT of hanging out! But I hadn't seen them since graduation in May of 2000.
So when Lahna Facebooked me saying that they were in town and wanted to meet for a meal, we were pumped. However, our friends Matt and Laura Williams and family were also coming down to visit the entire Labor Day Weekend. So we thought we'd just catch up with Justin and Lahna for a quick lunch on Saturday. However, they got tickets to the Cards-Cubs game and so we went down to the stadium to hang out with them before they went in to the game.
It was a beautiful night, and great fun to see them.
Baseball Village is right across the street from the stadium and is a gathering place. So that's were we met.
Knowing that the Metra (train) has a stop right at the stadium, I decided that I wanted to figure out how to use the train system. So we drove about 10 minutes to the closest station, parked for free, and jumped the train to the stadium.
And since it was a train, the kids were super-excited. And I must say, I joined them in the excitement!
After catching up for an hour or an hour and a half, they crossed the street and went in to the game, we walked to the station and came home, and only had to wait for a couple hours before Williams' arrived. What a blast!






No comments:
Post a Comment