Saturday, September 6, 2014

So-he

Kathee has taken up a friendship with the wife of a Korean student here on campus.  She speaks VERY little English.  VERY little.  She is taking ESL and says that her reading skills are doing well, but her speaking is not doing well.  So Kathee has invited her over and she comes over a couple times a week.  

Kathee, being the introvert that she is, has no problem with silence.  So their friendship works out very well.  It seems that Sohe likes to get out of the apartment, and I would think it would be very lonely for her on campus (though their family does go to a Korean Presbyterian church in St Louis, so I think that helps).  She brought her two girls with her this morning (her eldest goes to Mason Ridge-- the school Gideon attends) and they came over and played with Hope and Esther.  

I love it that Kathee is reaching out and investing in others.  She's such a cool lady.  

1 comment:

auntbonnie said...

Through my tears, I will just observe how K is honoring both God and her mom by using her gift of introversion so effectively; and thanks that it is recognized and appreciated by an extroverted spouse. It does not always happen this way.