Sunday, September 14, 2014

It's Not A Tumor

This past week we had another family from our building up for supper.  We had so much fun with the Wheeler family.  Rob and Lisa spent a couple years in Belarus as missionaries, and some years with RUF (Reformed University Fellowship, which is the PCA's version of Intervarsity or Cru).  Their eldest son Robert is the teenager on campus I've connected the most with while here so far.  We've loaded him up on Whitey's Ice Cream and freezie pops (to the point that he calls me either Mr Whitey's or "the ice cream guy").  

After Gideon was excused from the table, and after he took his dishes over to the sink and washed up, he came running down the hall excited to show us something from his room.  Not having worn socks on linoleum before, when he hit the linoleum he wiped out and slid the rest of the way into the wooden chair.  Head first.  

I swooped him up and took him into my bedroom to get him away from everyone (he was just howling in pain).  As I pulled him away to get a look at him I saw the biggest egg I've ever seen.  It was absolutely huge.  



Now, 4 days later, the egg has diminished and has moved down to his eyes.  He currently supports swollen eye lids and black eyes under each eye.  Stylin and profilin!


No comments: